Banana Butter-Sponge/ 香蕉牛油海绵蛋糕

Banana Butter-Sponge Cake

I am the so-called person in-charge of buying groceries and fresh goods in the family. You can say my anata is spoiled but I really do not want to receive fruit jam instead of fresh fruits I "ordered". And, when he buys banana he tend to get stock for 2 weeks! That is why I always have over ripen banana in the freezer.

This recipe is adapted from Alex Goh's banana butter-sponge cake recipe. Tried it as I was curious about the texture of this cake, soft sponge cake texture, moist and with hint of buttery aroma. Topping wise, it is optional. I tried to clear up walnut stock but my boys did not like it, so those little cakes with banana topping gone first. I left my cuppies naked, to avoid extra intake of calories and cholesterol.

Ingredients (makes 8" or 18 cupcakes):
A:
120 g sugar (I used 100g)
1/2 tbsp cake emulsifier (omitted)
 4 egg yolks

B (mix together):
120 g mashed banana
1/4 tsp baking soda

C: 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (I added)

D(sieve together):
120 g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

E:
4 no. egg whites

F:
85 butter, melted

Methods:
  1. Mix together sugar and cake emulsifier till well blended, add in egg yolks and beat till foamy.
  2. Add in B and C, stir to mix. Then fold in D.
  3. In separated bowl, beat egg whites till stiff peaks (but not dry). Mix 1/4 of beaten egg whites with (2), then mix in the rest.
  4. Take a small amount of (3), mix with melted butter then return the mixture into (3). Fold in till just combined.
  5. Transfer batter into greased pan, bake in preheated oven at 170C for 50-60 minutes (I baked mine in muffin pan at 175C, 25 minutes).

Banana Butter-Sponge Cake

Comments

  1. 看起来就知道是很松软的蛋糕,一定很好吃!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hsling,
    是蛮松软的,邻居说好吃。 原来我的邻居是同道中人!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)