Cod fish in Malaysia is expensive, a small piece of fillet (half of a steak-cut) costs RM10++. Fillets are often bought for J, for the ease of eating as they usually come with less or no bone. I suppose many parents are doing the same?
At times it is hard to get J to eat fish, this is one of the few fish dishes he enjoys. It can be prepared in less than 15 minutes, a quick lunch for J and I.
My Kitchen's recipes in this issue:
* * * * *
Grilled Cod Fish Recipe
150g cod fish fillet
4-5 Asparagus, sliced
¼ Carrot, sliced
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 clove garlic, sliced
2 tbsp cooking oil
Pinch of sugar
Pinch of salt
- Heat a non-stick pan, add in cooking oil and fry garlic until golden brown. Transfer garlic and oil into a bowl, set aside.
- Wipe pan with a paper towel to remove excess oil, pan-grill fish until both sides are brown lightly.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce and oyster sauce. While the pan still hot, pour it over the fish and turn the heat off.
- In a separate pot, boil water with pinch of sugar and salt. Drop in vegetables and cook until desired softness is obtained, drain.
- Transfer vegetables into a plate, place grilled fish over the bed of vegetables and drizzle the sauce plus one teaspoon of garlic oil over fish and vegetables.
- Serve warm with steamed rice.
- Sauce should be added when the pan still hot, it will caramelise a little and thus enhance both aroma and taste.
- The sauce goes very well with steamed rice, prepare more if desired.